Sick of bacon and eggs on a Sunday? Ready to mix it up a bit? Maybe it’s time to try something German. As you would suspect from the Germans, you have to be a little organised and cook your potatoes the day before…Have a go, take a pic and send it in (firstname.lastname@example.org). The nicest one will be added to the recipe!
- 750 g waxy potatoes (not the ones you use for mash!!!)
- 75 g cubed Speck (if not available bacon or increase the amount of ham)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 25g butter
- 1/2 diced onion
- salt and pepper
- 150 g cubed ham
- 3-4 eggs mixed with 50ml milk and salt
- chopped chives
1) Cook your potatoes in their skin on the day before. On the day peel them and cut them into slices.
2) Heat oil in the pan and add Speck, onion and ham until lightly brown.
3) Add potatoes and butter until heated through.
4) Reduce the heat and add the eggs, stir through until cooked.
5) Season with salt, pepper and garnish with chives.