„Yes, it is banana cake, google told me it was!“ I respond, not knowing if I should laugh or cry as I was so excited about the surprise and he looks anything but excited 😉 Well, we ate the cake – after all it was cake, who says no to that!
To this day we argue if it was a „banana cake“ or a „banana slice“ – whatever it was, I never baked it again. It looked like the plum cake/slice in this pic just topped with banana slices. So nothing like banana bread at all!
Over the years I tried loads of different banana bread recipes and would like to share one of our favourites with you!
- 3-4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- pinch salt, pinch of allspice, a bit of cinnamon to taste
- 140 ml milk
- 70 ml vegetable oil
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- Heat oven to 160 degrees and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Mix the bananas, brown sugar and eggs together. Add salt, allspice and cinnamon, then stir in the milk and oil.
- Sift the flour into the banana mixture.
- Mix with electric mixer for 5-10 minutes (makes it light).
- Bake for 1 hours and 30 minutes.
I love cinnamon, so I can’t get enough of it, but it’s also nice without. Walnuts would probably go nicely in it, too!
– part two –